1. No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence (ie. threats of suicide, self-harm, or physical harm). Discussion of medical marijuana is allowed as long as discussions have a medical focus.
2. No use of explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, images or messages.
3. No posts that attack, insult, flame, defame, or abuse others. Respect other members opinions. We should respect all points of view. Flaming will not be tolerated.
4. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permitted. Advertising or spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting something. Links promoting fundraising, advocacy, etc. are not permitted. Links to personal blogs/homepages are allowed in member profiles and signatures Sharing of links to helpful and relevant web sites and resources is allowed if they are not used for a promotional purpose.
5. No posts of copyrighted material, lengthy articles, or posts of an overtly political or religious nature (ie. proselyting).
6. Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. This is to protect your security and identity.
Chat rooms are moderated by admins and super users. While they may not have answers to all your questions, moderators are here to help in any way they can.
You can spot a moderator because their profile indicates that they are moderators.
We are always looking for new moderators to help with our many disease/disorder topics.
Moderators and admins have the right to edit or remove posts without prior notice at their discretion.
If you have a question for a moderator or an admin on a decision, you can write them and discuss it privately. They may not see things the same way you do, but they are open and approachable.
Members that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their texts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
Rules and guidelines may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.